Erica Campbell is cofounder and co-operator of the Toronto-based Society of Beer Drinking Ladies, which hosts its second “Bevy” in Ottawa Dec. 15. (All-Saints Event Space, click here for info and tickets on Facebook, or here on Eventbrite.)
We asked Erica to complete our Proust Beer Questionnaire, and here are her answers . . .
1. The first beer I ever drank was . . .
Brick Brewery Red Cap (from my Kitchener-Waterloo upbringing!)
2. The last beer I drank was . . .
A pint of Henderson BEST Amber this afternoon at the Gladstone Hotel.
3. The best beer I’ve ever had was . . .
Heady Topper IIPA. On a patio up on a mountain at the Stowehof Inn, five minutes from the brewery in Stowe, Vermont. Bliss.
4. My fondest memory that includes beer is . . .
All 42 of our last SOBDL bevies?! 😉
5. My perfect place to drink a beer is . . .
In the shower or at a concert.
6. If I could invite three people from history over for a beer they would be . . .
My Great-Oma (who was tough as nails, lived in East Germany her entire life and I know loved her German lagers), my Papa (who died at 96 in 2012, I didn’t appreciate beer and wasn’t in the industry yet when he was alive) and my Opa (who immigrated from Germany to Toronto and I’m sure could throw down a couple cold ones).
7. A food that should never be eaten without beer is . . .
Cheese! All the cheese!
8. That time I was drinking beer and it didn’t go so well was . . .
There have been multiple. (Sorry, mom).
9. A style of beer I do not like is . . .
Milkshake IPA. It’s too much. I’m done with the craze!
10. If I were a beer, I would be . . .
Gruit — complex, weird, wide-ranging, adaptable. All those herb and fruit additions speak to my hippieness … and it’s not bitter at all. 😉