Welcome to the inaugural edition of the Flora Hall Proust Beer Questionnaire, where interesting people give fascinating answers to stimulating questions, and where adjectives abound (apparently)!
We kick off this new feature with guest answerer Chris Wizzerd, who is organizing, and will also perform in, the “Lemmy re-revisited” fundraising show on Jan. 27 at the House of Targ. A half-dozen local bands will rawk out to Motorhead songs (and a couple from Hawkwind) in memory of the late, incomparable Lemmy. Funds raised go to the Phoebe Rose Rocks Foundation for research in childhood cancer. Click here for more on the foundation. For more information on the show, click here to see the event page on Facebook.
And now, Chris Wizzerd . . .
1. The first beer I ever drank was . . .
One of my dad’s beers. Either Labatt 50, or Molson Export
2. The last beer I drank was . . .
Collective Arts Saint of Circumstance (a current favourite of mine)
3. The best beer I’ve ever had was . . .
Hard to say. There’s been too many to remember…. Recently I discovered Bellwoods from Toronto and their Roman Candle beer is currently my favourite.
4. My fondest memory that includes beer is . . .
That time I…. uh, when I went to that…? I really don’t remember…
5. My perfect beer would be (what, where, with whom?) . . .
Sticking with my current appreciation for Bellwoods, I’d say an ice cold Roman Candle, with Lemmy at the Rainbow, (Hollywood).
6. If I could invite three people from history over for a beer they would be . . .
Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Lemmy and Neil Degrasse Tyson
7. A food that should never be eaten without beer is . . .
Pizza. No question.
8. That time when I was drinking beer and it didn’t go so well was . . .
9. A style of beer that I do not like is . . .
Porters. I’m not a fan of dark beers.
10. If I were a beer, I would be . . .
Your new favourite